Sunday, October 3, 2010

PJ Harvey - Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea

Another of my top wants. I have to say, I have been a very lucky monkey in the past few weeks.





I've seen this one around every now and again, and I usually get blasted put of the water for what I want to pay for it, but lately I have taken a new approach. "Just fucking man up and pay what you think it's worth", and it's been working pretty well. I have had some big ticket items going on, but that doesn't bother me, as I am stoked to add them to my collection.



This particular LP usually goes for $100+ (along with the Uh Huh Her LP), bit I reckon I got a pretty sweet deal at about $66 postage paid from the UK. I had a bit of a Patrick Bateman moment today while spinning this LP while my wife made dinner (yep, she fucking rules), and said to her that while To bring you my love and Dry are both amazing records, this is my favourite, and the quintessential Polly Jean album. Not a single bad song on this one. Infact, I really wish that PJ and Thom Yorke had written a whole album together. I would have fucking loved that shit. This copy is pretty clean too. A couple of creases on the jacket, but I am stoked with the condition of this one, especially given how thin the jacket itself is.



As with Uh Huh Her, the layout is of shots of Ms Harvey in the studio and in her apartment, and it gives a good vibe of the album and where it's come from.



I mean come on, who wouldn't want to record to that beautiful tape machine?



Lyrically it is also an absolute cracker. I love it from start to finish, and although I kinda dozed on the couch while giving it it's first spin on my record player tonight, I'll probably play it again when I get home tonight from taken my wife down the street.



I actually saw Polly Jean when she came out to Australia for the Big Day Out, in support of this release, and I can tell you know, I was in love at that point. She can sing like a motherfucker.



Oh, and PJ Harvey is from the same county as me in the UK. Gotta love Somerset...

More posts coming soon, when things in life get back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment