Friday, October 22, 2010

Nailbomb - Point Blank

When I was in High school I dated a chick who's brother was in a band. I used to hang out a lot with his mates, and I got into the more extreme side of music.



Fear Factory was her favourite band (she had a mad crush on Burton C Bell), and I was chatting to another mate about FF and Sepultura, and he put me on to this, as he said it was a cross between Sep and the industrial type shit that FF were doing. My mate made me a dub on tape and I fucking loved it! I must have played that shit until it almost fell apart. I probably still have the tape somewhere.



Nailbomb was Max Cavalera and Alex Newport from Fudge Tunnel, and was basically an Industrial Thrash band. I don't really know what else to say about it. It is very early 90's in it;s sound. These dudes made 1 record, then played 1 show and ended it. I reckon that's pretty fucking cool actually. The 1 show was recorded and released as "Proud to commit commercial Suicide".





I got this on eBay for a BIN price, and I was happy to pay the $30ish that it was listed at. I've missed it a couple times before, and I really wanted to have it in my collection, so here it is.



The artwork is pretty full on, but I'm sure that was the intent. The insert on this copy isn't in the greatest condition, but I am just happy that it has the insert, and so many records of this era are missing their inserts. Probably because dudes had them on their walls, and when they moved out of home, mum threw it out. The record needs a good clean, but other than that, fucking stoked to have it in my collection now...

It feels good to be a Punk loser.

4 comments:

  1. Great fuckin' album and band! I listen to it often and it never gets old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this record, been on my wantlist for ages. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw this. had i had the cash it would have been mmiinnnneeee. jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sean,
    you snooze, you lose motherfucker!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete