Sunday, October 31, 2010

N.U.F.A.N.

The second of the 2 Triple posts are from one of my favourite bans growing up, No Use For a Name!

I picked these up from the Fat Wreck store, and they were fucking cheap as shit! I think all up they cost me $15 postage paid. If I were to buy these from a store here, even 10 years ago, it would have cost me at least $20 a piece, so I was super stoked when i hit the cart on the Fat Wreck site.





These are the only 3 records I have from NUFAN, but as far as I am concerned, these are the only 3 records that matter. Anything before doesn't really grab me, asnd anything after Making Friends is soft fucking bullshit, so this is where it's at for me!
I first heard Justified Black Eye on Survival of the Fattest after seeing Lagwagon play in a venue that is now a nightclub. This shit was fast, melodic and had an actual meaning behind what they were saying.





I didn't pick up Leche Con Carne straight away, but I did get The Daily Grind on CD cheap as shit, and I reckon I played that thing at least 2-3 times a day on my walkman. It got me through some fucking shitty bus rides to school.







These records are going to be the basis of my summer listening. I cannot fucking wait to chill in the sun on my back porch with a glass of ice cold Dr Pepper and listen to thems shits!

No comments:

Post a Comment