Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ancient VVisdom / Charles Manson Split LP

Nothing overly exciting with this post, but I found this LP interesting, so I thought I'd post about it.



I'll be honest and say I have no real idea how I got onto this one, only that I must have been turned onto it by Dwid writing about it somewhere. Ancient VVisdom is Nate from Integrity and one of the dudes from Iron Age doing Dark Acoustic Folk stuff. One the sticker on the front, it says that a main influence is Danzig, and I can feel that vibe. The recording isn't top notch, but it really adds to the feeling of the record, and it does make it sit in line with the Charles Manson songs, as he has limited access to recording gear I can only imagine.



I really like the AVV stuff, and I have read that they have a 7 inch coming out soon on Withdrawal Records, so I will be sure to pick that up.

Now, I have always been interested in Charlie Manson and The Family, as I went through a stage where I was interested in all Serial Killers, Cult Leaders, etc, and the story of Charles Manson is a super interesting one. I won't go into it here, but if you only know him as what you have seen on TV, read into it, it is a weird and interesting read.



As for his musical exploits, I am interested in the songs that he does, and I'm really keen to see how the Elements Series on Magic Bullet goes, but for the most part it is pretty standard Folk/Pop stuff. The first song of his on this LP is a ripper, The Irony of Life, but the second song sort of tumbles along. Not bad, but nothing on "Look at your game Girl", that's for sure.

A nice little 1 sided LP on Red. Pick it up from http://www.withdrawalrecords.com/ while the dollar is so strong (if you're in Australia I mean), and it won't cost you much at all.

I'm on leave this week, so hopefully some updates to come!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted this. I read about this release just a few days ago and got curious. Now I'll pick it up when have the money available.

    ReplyDelete