Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Trap Them - Filth Rations 12" EP.

Most of my posts cover the packaging of a release, the actual vinyl, the music, or what the particular record means to me (a story), but this one is a fucking inspiration.

I like Trap Them. I liked them a lot until this arrived in the mail. Now I fucking love them.

This release has also pointed out how much effort Southern Lord put into their releases.

The music itself is crushing. Fast or slow, it;s just crushingly heavy. I am banging my head as I try to type this up. It's angry, seething and just plain fucking awesome. This should be enough to make everyone want to buy this slab of wax, But...





The packaging on this thing is A+. Heavy vinyl is the first thing I want to point out. This thing sounds fucking good. It's been cut well (at 33 1/3rpm), pressed well and handled with love and care. I couldn't stop shaking my head at how happy I was with just the Vinyl on it's own.



1 Sided 12" with laser etching on the B side. This is done really well. It captures the vibe of the artwork, and ties in really well.



The artwork is awesome. Again, ties in with the vibe of the record, and it is on nice thick Cardboard stock. Not just a heavy paper stock, or thing card, but thick fucking cardboard. Granted it still came damaged on the corner, like most of the records that pass through the US and Australian postal services. I won't bitch and moan too much, I promise.



I guess the only thing that bums me out a little is the printed inner sleeves.

While they look sick and add to the professionalism of the release, like all printed inner sleeves, they have split already (when opened, not even because they have been taken in and out of the sleeves). But shit, I can't have everything can I?



Seriously, this is the kind of records I hope to be releasing eventually. I just need to press records that have gigh enough numbers to warrant spending all that extra cash on.



For now, I'll keep trying my best to do what I do and then go from there...

So go to Southern Lord and buy this record.

NOW!

1 comment:

  1. You got yours before me. Hopefully mine will turn up tomorrow. Looks rad.

    ReplyDelete