Monday, May 24, 2010

Norma Jean - Redeemer Test Pressing.

A bit of a weird one today...

I was lurking away on eBay, as I do, and I saw this pic disc test pressing with a really low start price.



Now, I was dubious on this one, but this is my fav Norma Jean record, sonic I could snag it for a good price, it'd tide me over until I could get my shit together and buy the box set again.

When I toured with NJ the first time they came to Australia, I was super bummed that none of their records were reased on Vinyl, so when the box set came out, I was so stoked and pre ordered it straight off the bat, but I thought the inner sleeves were thin and flimsy, and the pressing of Redeemer on Pic Disc really bummed me out, because while it looks fancy, the bottom end of this record is really lost on a Pic Disc. Hopefully one day it'll see a repress on 180 gram Black, because this record is fucking heavy! I kinda doubt it though.

Back to the story...

I was sat around with my homeboy Shane, listening to some records on a Saturday night, and this one was about to end and I was only at the first bid. So I chucked $20 Australian on it thinking I wasn't gonna get it that cheap.



Low and behold, $16 + $10 postage, a 2 week wait and this little fucker hit my PO Box.

As I said, I was dubious on the test pressness of this record, as normally a pic disc test pressing will be all white. So I chucked up a question about it on the Vinyl Collective message board, and a message from Virgil (the guy who put the box set out) confirms that it is indeed a test press of the Norma Jean - Redeemer Picture Disc.



Virgil did mention that it was super weird that the dude seperated these from the rest of the box set, but like I said, this is my favourite NJ record, so a happy little record sitting on the shelves in my study. Not as cool as my Darkest Hour - Undoing Ruin LP Test Press, but a sick record nonetheless.

1 comment:

  1. im all for dudes breaking this box up. i just want a copy of BTMAKTC. so bad.

    ReplyDelete