Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Burning Love - "Don't ever change" Single

While my lovely wife cooks me a lovely pasta dinner, thought I'd chuck up a quickie.



I've been sick in bed for the last few days, so there have been no posts, and I'm still not quite right now, but I went back to work so it can't be that bad...

So back to work meant back to my PO Box and my pre order for the Burning Love "don't ever change" single.



Being the Colofan that I am, I was fucking stoked to get this one (and to be honest I forgot about it until I opened the fucker) and when i opened the package, part of me wanted to head home and drop the needle on this one.

I really love the artwork on this, and remember when I read on Colohans blog that this was going to be the artwork. Really simple but still really different and clever.



The single is tops! A step up from the demo, and reminds me a bit of the rockier Cursed stuff. Vocals are nice and rough, but cleaner that a lot of Cursed stuff.



On the B side is a Nick Cave cover, which is pretty good. I will say the end of the track is fucking killer. Noisy and heavy.

All up, a great little single and I can't wait for their LP now.

Sick.

3 comments:

  1. I hate that I have no cash at the moment I have been looking forward to this for so long. are you getting any in your distro craigos? so when I get some cash I can grab one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't planned on getting any, as it is a pain in the ass from Canada, but I'll hit up Gordon and try and suss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks craigos : ) that's why I haven't ordered it yet it's rather expensive for shipping from derranged. So I'm hoping to pick it and the 7" repress from an Australian distro

    ReplyDelete