Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Extortion - Terminal Cancer EP

A quick one today.



I finally have this back in my grubby little mitts.

I like a lot of things about this release. First up, it's Extortion. You really can't go wrong there.



The artwork is great. Rohan does some awesome stuff, but I often find the best work is stuff he does for his own band. The art on this is simple, straight up but still pretty brutal.



The label that pressed this is one that I have loved for fucking years and years. Shortfuse has done so many good releases.

And finally, the recording was done on a Yamaha MT3X 4 track. It sounds rough as fuck (and as the insert says "RAW AS PISS"), but for this band, it really fucking works.



Picked this up from a mate on eBay for $6 plus $2 postage. Really can't complain. It's the first pressing too, with the proper enclosed cover, not the wrap around one with the red backing.

This one will get a bit of airtime with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment