Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ride the Propane...

The PO Box drought continues, so I will post again from my meager collection. As I mentioned Botch in my last post, I thought I would bust out my Anthology of Dead Ends 10 inch on black.



Not the rarest of records, but I really slept on this when it first came out, so it did take a little while to actually find it's way to me.



Like all the Hydrahead releases, this is done so fucking well. It was pressed on a whole bunch of colours, in varying quantities, and again, like all Hydrahead releases it was anlimited pressing. This made it pretty difficult to get my hands on for a time, because every one that hit eBay went for a ridiculous price. But I kept at it, and a couple years later this one ended up costing me close to $50 all paid up, and I was happy with that.



I see it pop up every now and again, and I get tempted to bid, but I am happy with this on black.



This record takes up where We Are the Romans left off, but changes it up a bit too. I'll go out there and say that this is my favourite Botch stuff. It is as heavy as fuck, it is varied and just so full of awesome ideas. It would be pretty safe to sylay though that this EP and We Are The Romans spawned a whole new generation of copy cat bands, one of the more obvious notables being Norma Jeans change in style after Josh Scogin left the fold (You could also "blame" Matt Bayles for that though).



The transition between Afghamistam and Micaragua still fucking blows my mind. I do miss Botch and I am super bummed that I will never get to see them play, but hopefully Narrows might make it over this was one day...?

Yeah right.

1 comment:

  1. Botch was everything right about hardcore. Great post.

    ReplyDelete