Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm counting on you...

Not too much to look at with this record, but fuck me I've been hanging for this to hit my door step.



Any one who knows me well knows how much I love Matt Skiba, and when he announced he was doing a side project called Heavens, I lost my shit. To hear that it was a more stripped back sound that the Alk3 stuff, mixed with some electro stuff, I was definitely interested to hear how it was going to turn out.



When I got the CD, it really reminded me of Joy Division, and to an extent, Placebo. I was into it. I kept my eye on the Epitaph site for an LP release, and one never showed, so I had no fucking that this LP even came out until it was loooong sold out and I saw one on eBay.

I can find nothing about the LP release anywhere really, and there is no info on the label, and as far as I can see, this is the only release that Number Nine Sounds released.

I managed to snag this on eBay for just over $20, probably what I would have paid for it at the time of the release, so I am super stoked on that.

There is no art for this record, only a Disco Sleeve with a sticker on the front, and numbered out of 1000.



To be honest, I really don't give a fuck. This record is now in my collection, and there I plan for it to stay!

It's sad that the band didn't get to do a second record, as I am sure it would have ruled. The Matt Skiba solo record has been put on the back burner, so who knows if that'll ever see the light of day. There is a Joy Division cover around somewhere, only available digitally and a 7 inch pic disc that Epitaph put out, that has the Patent Pending single and a remix, which is actually awesome.

Maybe I should man up and listen to some decent music instead...?

Nah, fuck that.

No comments:

Post a Comment