Thursday, May 13, 2010

Black Breath - Heavy Breathing

I've just had a wonderful dinner with the wife, (I took her out for a nice meal because she's helped my with my job applications over the last couple of days, and I'd be lost without her) and I thought I'd post about the other record I got from Southern Lord.



I have always like a couple of the Southern Lord bands, but their crossover into some more hardcore related releases has definately sparked my interested a little more.



In a move that is a little bit weird for me (I have been referred to as rainman in the past), I know very little about this band, except that I really really want a copy of their EP and that the front cover of that EP is a syphilis advert from the 50's (or maybe earlier).



Other than that I have really let the music do the talking for this band, and if this record is any indication of the future of Black Breath, then I am stoked as fuck.

Heavy and fast Motorhead worship, with a definate black metal vibe too. Especially in some of the riffing. Add all that with Kurt Ballou production, and I'm fucking sold!



Again, Southern Lord has pressed a nice heavy record. This one is transparent blue 180 gram vinyl, and it sounds as heavy as it feels.

The covers are again that lovely thick cardboard, nicely printed and housing double sided printed innersleeves.

These ones are a bit sturdier than the Trap Them ones as they are a glossy stock, although they are a tight fit as the records are thicker too.



The back photo is a fucking pisser too!

Another stellar release from the dark folks at Southern Lord. When you go to buy the Trap Them record, drop this little fucker in your basket too!

1 comment:

  1. hey your posts are on http://limitedpressing.com/hoverboard sign up, put a picture in the avatar spot, then fill out your profile. I need to link your account to the feed thats there so it shows your avatar next to the posts. you know what I'm saying? Maybe? if not message me http://limitedpressing.com/users/1 thanks

    ReplyDelete