Monday, April 12, 2010

Too long...

No excuses, just been fucking slack...

So many records, and this isn't all of them, but It's what I have taken pics for, so it'll be a good start.

It's not like I have heaps of people who read this shit, 6 follows is a good start though, and I gotta keep it up if I want readership to increase...

These are in reverse Alphabetical order, as that's how the bastards were uploaded.



Within Blood 7 inch. I bought this away with my band this week just gone. Picked it up at resist records, who put the record out fucking eons ago. An awesome way to spend $10. You should go and buy this 7 inch if you have ever been into bands like Mindsnare, Hitlist, Samsara etc as they have all shared members.

You can still buy it here: Within Blood - Captain Blood 7 inch

United Nations - S/T LP.

I have been trying to get hold of this fucker for some time now, and I keep meaning to pick it up on eBay, but just never did for some reason, so Graz had one in Resist when I was in there, so I grabbed it, and I am so fucking glad to have this in my collection now.



The front cover is awesome. Matte black with high gloss embossed logo on the front. Stunning. Hopefully I can do this on one of my releases one day...



Clear red wax. Sup Bugs?



Awesome Insert with the Original art for the record, before it got pulled. You should check this band out, with members of Converge and many others, shit is awesome.

Sometimes rocky, some times balls to the wall hardcore and sometimes Powerviolence. Such a fucking great record.

REVIVAL ROAD LP.

I have been trying to get this fucker for ages too, and Graham had copies in stock



The cover says it all. You shouldn't need any other reason to buy this LP...



Lovely white vinyl. The labels are wrong though. They state 33rpm and it is actually a 45. Maybe it was supposed to be a 10" and then ended up as an LP?

Regardless, a great record and I am really looking forward to the Tour.

MEATLOCKER - S/T



Another record it took me too long to get my grubby little mitts on. Awesome thrashy hardcore from 3 Aussies and 1 Pom. Featuring members of Hitlist, Within Blood, Extortion/Jaws, and Voorhees.



I was lucking enough to get this on red as part of a trade for the Suffer LP I just put out. Limited to 100 on this colour. Seriously, you can't go wrong with red vinyl, it always looks awesome.

EYE GOUGE - S/T 7 inch



Got this in another trade with a fellow blogger for an I Exist 7 inch. Good thrashy Hardcore from Canberra, on the Pre order version with limited cover and Maroon vinyl with Blue Splatter.

You can buy this record still from Good Times Records. Suss that shit out. Black Flag cover blows me away...

EXTORTION DEMO Re-issue 7 inch



Normal version here and the test press below.

A couple people have mentioned that they don't see the point in the re-issue of this demo, as it is raw as fuck recording wise, but I think the songs are really good, and it all adds to the aesthetic of the band. The vinyl is nice and thick, with stamped A side and the covers are offset printed on decent stock.



2 unreleased songs too.



Test press with red cover.



Numbered 28/29.

EXTORTION - Bootleg 7 inch.



This is limited to 100 copies and has the Extortion side of the Jed Whitey split on one side, and side A of Terminal Cancer on the other. I was stoked to get this as part of a trade!

AGENTS OF ABHORRENCE / ROSKOPP - Split.



This split was given to me by Kristoph from Roskopp, and this record fucking rules. Grind as fuck from both bands, the artwork is sick as shit with a spiked Giraffe and super high gloss print.



I am getting copies of these for my distro real soon. People need to hear this record.

And last up today...

ALKALINE TRIO / BLUE MEANIES - Split Pic Disc.



Sounds like a typical picture disc, like shit, but it looks good and this is the ONLY place this song can be heard. A Cars cover. Not the best work, but not too bad.



Blue Meanies are a ska punk band. Listened to it once, probably won't play that side ever again...

The Suffer - Lone LP is out now, and I have a bunch of Extortion records in my distro. Hit that shit up here (www.midnightfuneral.bigcartel.com) and help me fund my next release..

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Got my Suffer LP in the mail today, cheers mate. Keep posting, I enjoy the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. people reckon the demo is too raw to press on vinyl? hahaha classic! Go and listen Wretched, Confuse, Gai, any old BC tapes .....

    ReplyDelete