Friday, April 30, 2010

Hole - Retard Girl

I ended up with 3 records in the mail today, and it's a slab of that lovely era that I love that I will put up tonight.



I am, of course, talking about the 90's. I turned 10 the year this record was recorded, and I wish I was into it then, but I can't even fake that I was. Shit, at 10 I didn't really listen to much music at all. Maybe The Doors and The Who tapes I pinched from my dads collection. It was at least 2 years before I got into Gangsta Rap, and 5 or 6 years before I actually started to listen to this band.



Hole's Retard Girl Single was released in 1990 on Sympathy for the Record Industry, and was the first release for the band. It's noisy, punk and just straight up fucking awesomely messy. A far stretch from the band that ended in 2002. I've always had a super soft spot for Courtney, and the start of the band is no exception. Even if Kurt and Billy Corgan wrote some of Holes best work... But we won't get into that argument in this post.



Retard girl chugs along, Phone bill song crashes though and Johnnies in the bathroom is a spoken word/noise piece.

I was really lucky and picked this up for $6 instead of the $20+ dollars I normally see it go for on eBay, so I am stoked to be able to add this little bugger to the collection, and sit down and enjoy it any time I want to.



Oh, and this is the start of my Hole collection. A couple pieces are gonna be fucking hard to get my hands on, but I'll get there.

One day.

No comments:

Post a Comment