Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thanks Sam!

So, before the wife gets home from work, I thought I would sneak in a little post.

So, I received a package in the mail Yesterday (Monday) after being away for a few days with my band, playing some shows interstate.

I had been talking with a kid on a forum I frequent, and I had been talking about a trade for a copy of Extortions Control EP.

Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Getting back to the package, I got back from my daily trip to the PO Box on my morning tea break (1030 every weekday) and I sit down with a package I knew contained 6 copies of the Extortion S/T Reissue 7 inch and another package that I thought might be the trade I had discussed.

I bust open the package from and there are 2 copies of the Extortion Control EP (Both colours), an Integrity Sticker, a home made Mindsnare / Slayer double sided patch and a Municipal Waste badge.

With it was a note:



I have to be honest, this is one of the single nicest things that anyone has randomly done for me (excluding my ever-loving Wifer) in a fucking long time.

Seriously, who does that kind of thing these days!?

I am so chuffed beyond belief, and now the records will hold a special place for me, a special place in my expanding collection, and a fucking awesome story to go along with all of that!

Don't worry Gator, I'll sort you out somewhere down the line mate.

So, onto the records...



I have always loved Rohans art, and I think this is a really good fit for the record. Angry, pissed off and brutal.



The hand on the back is fucking rippin'!

The Salmon Vinyl.


And the Gold.

Yes, I actually listened to both in a row.

A fucking nice little package.

No comments:

Post a Comment