Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Descendents - Everything Sucks.

So I reckon I am just going to post 1 record a day. It is gonna be a whole heap easier than trying to play catch up when I often get a couple things in a day, and I am just falling further and further behind.

So here it is, day 1 of 1 record a day…

I got this in the mail today. I had this record as a first pressing from when it was released 10+ years ago, and I have missed it since I sold the fucker.



Seriously, more bands need to embrace understated art. Milo is always a sight for sore eyes.



I am super stoked that Epitaph have repressed this again. This is what I think is the third pressing, out of 500 on Black. I am a bit bummed I slept on the white pressing, but all I really care about is actually having this amazing record in my collection again.



There are a lot of people who rave on about their earlier work, but for me, this record embodies everything that I truly love about the Descendents. Fast poppy songs, with slow poppy songs, and the classic drum combo of "The verses are played on the hi hats, Chorus' are played on the ride", which I have always loved about this era of Punk Rock.

It also takes me back to a time where I really had little to worry about (not that I worry too much these days either), apart from partying, getting laid and how much beer I could scam out of my Parents. Music was fun, skateboarding in between classes (and skipping classes to go skateboarding) was what I was all about. Even when I got my first serious girlfriend in 1996, I was still pretty much only worried about the above stuff.



I am pretty sure Epitaph still have copies of this on Black, so you should do yourself a favour and go an buy one, grab your skateboard and have a f*cking good time.

Check ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment