Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Another piece of the PMFS puzzle: PMFS - S/T 10"

Another gem arrived today.



Another one of those records that sat at the top of my Wants list for so long, finally in my grubby little paws!



The songs on this record make me think of the music I was immersed in nearly 10 years ago, finishing up one band, trying to put another together with a bunch of people I didn't know, and who didn't know each other. It didn't work out, and I haven't seen or heard from any of those people in a long time, but I still think of the couple of jam sessions we had, and the fact that I first heard Copper and Stars on a mix CD Blake gave me in reference to what he wanted the band to sound like.

The artwork on this record is fucking perfect for the vibe the music gives.



The songs on this record are all amazing, and obviously the band changed pretty dramatically over the course of their 11 years, but this is still one of my favourite eras of this band.



You can get all the songs on the 2xLP No Idea release WE RIDE TO FIGHT (The first 4 years), so you should get onto that, then buy all their other records. You won't be disapointed. And if you are, then... well, tough shit really.

So in closing, I am stoked to be able to cross this one off the list (I am not interested in colours and variations and shit...), and now I am about to close a deal on a Knife in the Marathon LP.

Awesome. Awesome to the MAX!

No comments:

Post a Comment