Thursday, April 22, 2010

AC4/Suprise Sex Attack Split 7 inch

I've been waiting for this 7 inch for aaaaages.



It's a split between Sweden's AC4 (which is Dennis from Refused, so you know I am alllll over this fucking shit!) and Perth's Surprise Sex Attack.

This 7 inch fucking rips! Both bands play fast hardcore punk, and it is a very refreshing change from some of the shit I buy these days. I feel good that good hardcore is back and fast and fucking angry!

This is put out by Melbourne label Aniseed Records.

The artwork is awesome on this release, hand assembled with stitching on the paper, glued band photos on some gnarly stock.



And an insert printed on some nice paper stock.



The label have really put the hard yards into this release, and I think it really shows and I am siked to have this release on my collection.

It has also inspired me to do something a little different with release I have planned coming up...

The record is pressed on black, cut at 45, so it sounds great.

The AC4 side kinda bums me out as it's only 1 song and it's done in just over a minute, leaving me to want more (so I put the LP on straight afterwards)!



The SSA side is fucking ripping too. Fast hardcore punk with a rocky-ish side via the vocals. I am actually going to search out more of this bands stuff.



Over all a nice little post office box pick up today.

Buy the record here: http://www.myspace.com/aniseedrecords

Noice.

1 comment:

  1. haha hey man, guess we are even now. I got the Lone LP and you picked up this. Was good to read that the feedback loop of inspiration is continuing. Loved the handscreened Lp mailer. Peace out - Aniseed Cam.

    ReplyDelete