Saturday, April 24, 2010

Jawbreaker - 24 Hour Revenge Therapy

Another record I am stoked to have back in ye olde record collection.



This is hands down one of the best fucking records I own. Although I did not listen to this record when I was 13, when I first got given a copy of this little gem, I was fucking blown away.



I have seen this shit go on eBay for stupid amounts of coin, but I managed to wrangle this fucker for a measley $20US plus postage. Talk about a fucking awesome deal.



Listening to this on LP (I still listen to music on my iPod, and very occasionally on my computer, I try to avoid the latter if possible these days. Yep, I'm a snob. Bite me...) really takes me back to a time when relationships with some of my friends (one in particular) were a lot tighter and just more fun, and it kind of bums me out a bit, but then the awesomeness of Blakes songwriting make it all better.

I'd say that this is my favourite Jawbreaker record, and the only LP that hasn't been given the re-issue treatment. I have got the other 3 coming in the mail, but all the re-issues as I don't love them like I do 24HRT.



So, simple black vinyl, a very 90's layout and artwork make this a real winner.



I'd suggest that you should get your hands on a copy of this album, even if you just download the fucker, get your ears around it.

Hopefully this gets the remastering and re-issue treatment soon, just so that more people can get there hands on this LP. I am a big fan of the re-issue revival. So much so I am doing 2 myself this year.

Peace out.

2 comments:

  1. Dude where did you get this for $20! So jealous. Such a good album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eBay Jimmy. I was stoked beyond belief!

    ReplyDelete