Thursday, April 29, 2010

Yummy Gummy Candy Land

No records in the PO Box this week means digging out a record for ye olde blog.

So I picked this one. Bit of an obscure one to a lot of people, but I fucking loved this band when I first started going to shows, and they were one if the first bands that I actually started talking to. Matt Ridgeway was always a super friendly dude, always put up with my chewing his ear off and talking shit.

I have a feeling that there were 330 of this pressed, with 300 with covers and 30 without.



I used to own this record without the cover (and then printed it out from an early website the band had) but sold it off for cash and it was a tough one trying to track down again, mainly because I don't actually know anyone who owns the record that is still around these days...

I'll be honest, this is one of the poorest pressed records I have seen in years. I have records that hav DIY artwork, but this just feels poorly made. This is no reflection on the band, as the music is fucking sick. Quirky pop punk with a techno vibe (2 members were techno DJ's), and it's spot on.

I think the label let this one down, but then I have had a grudge with the owner of the label from almost 10 years ago, so I'm not gonna talk this one up am I?

The vinyl colour is spot on for this record, but it is a badly pressed record, it isn't scratched but it skips and it shits me to no end.



The covers are just 80gsm printed covers, flimsy and there is no way that this would last if this hadn't been sitting in the collection that this copy came from.



I know I'm whinging, but this is a fucking good ep.

I have missed the 2 crettins puddle re-union shows and I am still fucking kicking myself, as they were a staple of the shows I went to as a kid.

This record is worth tracking down, even if it's just for the Kermit the Frog cover.

Fucking gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment