Sunday, August 1, 2010

At The Drive In - Relationship In Command

A long while between posts again. I have this week pretty much free, working the late shift, so hopefully I can catch up on the 30 odd records I got this week. It has been retarded and I need to take some time off...



A really dear friend of mine was selling a bunch of his records last night at a show his band was playing, an I was lucky enough to be the second person to dig in the crates before they went "public". I go myself some fucking gold, but one of the most notable bargain scores was this little motherfucker!



A pristine copy of At The Drive In's break through LP "Relationship in command". When I told my mate Sham I picked this up, he was less than impressed, especially as I had only drop $10 on this bad boy!

I have ne'er owned one of these I don't think, but I did buy the CD the say I heard one armed scissor and lost my mind at the awesomeness of it!



I played in a band called Snubfighter, and this is thenkind of stuff we wer trying to do. Slow and heavy with frantic parts, lots of bass effects and some keyboards towards the end of the band. I no longer talk to any of the guys much, and I depise one of the dudes, but we made some ok music for the late 90's/early 2000's.

We did do a rip off of the end of "Invalid litter department" though, and I flailed around like a weirdo. Good times.



Sitting down and listening to this LP this morning though, I have realized that it hasn't really dated much at all. It is still punchy as fuck, sooo heavy and well written.

I saw these guys a couple times when they came to Australia to play The Big Day Out, including the infamous Sydney show where they stopped after 10-15 mins because the crowd was too violent. They didn't like moshing or crowd surfing at their shows. Cedric yelled at the crowd, called then sheep and then bailed. Later that day a chick died during Limp Bizkit.

Hopefully the oft rumoured reuinion happens one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment