Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hot Water Music - 2

Life has been really hectic. My wife and I are currently doing a renovation on our family room/kitchen area, so my records are put away until they move to their new home out for all to see! Add to that that I am now saving for a REGA P2 to play my records on, and build a new system from the ground up. Shit will be fucking awesome!

So, that's why it has been a while in between posts this time, but here is a 7 inch I picked up today (Sorry for the crappy photos...).



I have had a special place for HWM for a while. It brought me and some people I used to hiold special together, and although I don't associate with most of them any more, I still have SOME good memories of the times we all shared. Including one of my first road trips to watch a band play. HWM came to Australia, played at the Arthouse Hotel (300 capacity venue, Melbourne's answer to CBGB's I guess), and I lined up for hours to get into that show. Then they played at some club in Ferntree Gully (Out in the 'burbs maaaaan), and then down in Hastings which is about 90 minutes from the city centre. I went to all the shows they played, I worked in between, Did not sleep, then after the Hastings show, Drove to Adelaide to watch them play that night again. I remember that Kill Choir Project played that show too. I miss that band.

Anyways, I didn't sleep much that night either, and then drove home and went to work again. Good times on that one. I did that kind of shit for a few years, surviving on very very little sleep and just trying to cram as much as I could into every day. I still do that now, but I don't bounce back as well as I used to...



This 7 inch is the second in an undetermined series of live records from Hot Water Music, all recorded just after they got back together and started playing shows again. I love the simplicity of the layout and the details, and it all comes down to the music on the record. This has 2 of my favourite HWM songs on this one, Wayfarer and Rooftops, so this is a winner from the get go.



This has sold out already (it came out a week ago), and I was lucky enough to get it at a local record store, but if you see this 7 inch, buy the fucker, you won't be disapointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment