Monday, July 5, 2010

Danzig - I

I gotta be honest and say that I was a bit nervous to post about this one. And the only reason being, I didn't want to take it out of the sleeve and open it up fully to photograph it. I hadn't actually done so until I took the photos for this tonight. I just didn't want to ruin the cover, and being a gatefold, I was worried it would fuck it if I opened her up.



It didn't and I was so glad. Until tonight, I had only seen photos of the layout. I can honestly say, that in person, it shits all over any photos I have seen . It is fucking classic. Just like the record itself.



I had originally planned to buy this for my mate for his birthday (Sorry Shane, I know you're gonna hate me, but fuck dude, it's Danzig I, in mint condition...), but when it arrived I couldn't. I love my homeboy more than anything, but this record looked so good when I busted it out of the packaging, that I forgot all about his tiny hands, and just thought about how fucking awesome this was to finally own. Don't worry, I managed to get him something as equally fucking awesome for his Birthday.



I honestly don't think much needs to be written about this record. It's Danzig. If you don't know, you deserve to have your record collection stripped from you, and your hearing removed for life. This is the best of his solo work in my opinion. Lots of people debate, but I actually think that they just went downhill from here. II - Lucifuge is still awesome, and I love about 3/4 of III - How the Gods kill, but I kinda gave up after that. I just went back to listening to early Misfits.



There is only 1 problem with owning a record this awesome, in as good condition as this one is (Don't be fooled by the photos, this thing is as fucking clean as shit!), is that I now need to track down II and III, and then start trying to search down those Misfits records... Fuck That!



I got this from a Japanese dude on eBay. I tell ya what, I have bought a bunch of stuff from Japanese dudes on eBay, and they fucking know how to look after older records. This thing is 22 years old (I have checked the Matrix numbers on this against the info on Misfitscentral, and it all looks legit for the first pressing). I now try and buy all my older/rare stuff from Japan if I can.



Seriously though, look at the fucking center of this jacket. How could you not be stoked on that! The only thing that would have made the LP cover better, would have been to leave the Label info and barcode off of the back of the sleeve. We can't have everything can we.



Can we?

1 comment:

  1. Now you're speaking my language! I'm telling you, Danzig stuff after 4 is good. You just gotta separate the 2. It's tough. And November Coming Fire is Danzig 0 for sure. God damn I love Danzig.

    ReplyDelete