Sunday, July 4, 2010

Carry On - A Life Less Plagued

I have neglected my blog for the last week, and I have so many excuses, but I won't be busting them out. It just comes down to a case of not being diligent enough with my time.



This isn't the latest addition to my collection, but this is a record I have neglected and I underestimated/under appreciated it for way too long.



These days I don't listen to a great deal of hardcore, and I'd say that it's because I don't enjoy as much as I used to. Bands that border on the lines of powerviolence grab me more, but this LP still kicks me square in the fucking balls!



I got this off of my mate Billy for $40, which is really pretty good, even though this is most common version on black. He was selling most of his collection, and had this on Orange and Clear too, but they were a little rich for my blood, so I was happy to add a Black copy to my collection.



I first got I to this band when a band I was in covered one of the tracks off of this LP. It was The View, I only remember because it was short as shit.I don't remember if I actually ang it, or if Erle did and I played bass, but I had to learn the song, as short as it was, and then I actually started listening to the rest of the album, and was really suprised as it was just an awesome hardcore record, at a time when I was listening to a majority of metal and grind like Mastodon, 3 inches of blood and Pig Destroyer.



The artwork is pretty good. Fairly standard Jacob Bannon of the time.

There was a reissue of some early stuff released recently, but it just doesn't grab me like this record did. I guess it was a time and place for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment