Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rocket from the Crypt - Live from Camp X-Ray

I did actually write this out last night on my phone while in bed (and I can tell you that was a pain in the ass), then I had problems sending it, and I reset my phone, and then the fucker was gone. Just gone.

But, I will recall as much as I can, and just write again...



So, I have had this record for some time, close to 3 months probably, but I have not posted it because I actually bought it for my Wife. My Wife doesn't actually collect records, but in an effort to involve her, I bought her this LP. Now, she supports my habit as much as she can, she doesn't go off her head when I spend a little more than I probably should, in fact she supports me in everything that I do ever. That's just how fucking awesome she is.

But then I thought "Fuck it!" She isn't ever going to chill in the study, sit in the easy chair, drop the needle on this and listen to it, and I listen to it at least once a week, and it still blows me away every time! So here it is, in all it's glory: Rocket From The Crypt's "Live from Camp X-Ray".



I don't have a story to go with this one like I normally do. To be honest, I really missed the boat on this band, and only got into them after they broke up, and even then I only own this LP of theirs. I just can't get behind the others as much as I want to.



I Don't know how I missed this for so long though. With lyrics like "So peel back those dirty sheets/let's see that wet spot now", and the horns. I must have been a deadset moron...



The artwork of this record & the plain Black vinyl just capture the mood.

I'm fucking into it.

1 comment:

  1. i used to the exact same thing for an ex. she wasnt into records, but id buy her stuff by the bands she liked for her birthday etc, just to involve her in my addiction. weird i guess, but i see where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete