Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Get Up Kids - Something to Write Home About

I have had such a huge amount of records come in in the last month, it is so hard to keep up, and I am gonna say that I haven't been as diligent as I should have been. I know I say that often, but I get busy, being in a band, hanging with my chick, shopping for vinyl and just being a lazy sh!t.



There's a ruler of a collector selling of some of his collection, (including one of, yes one of, his copies of Chung King Can Suck It), so I picked up this little gem. Something that has been missing from my collection for a few years now, it's nice to have it sitting on the shelves where it should be.



I first bought this record about a week after TGUK toured Australia for the first time with Jebidiah. I went and saw them at the Hallam Hotel in Melbournes Southeast, and they played first to me, my girlfriend at the time, and about 30-40 other people. While I felt bad for the band, I was soooo stoked that I got to watch them play and not have to worry about every other dickhead in the venue.



I had my copy on Black back then, so I am super stoked to have a copy on Black again. It almost feels like it never left.



What mine didn't have though, was this cool as fuck advert/mail order card that had their other shit on Doghouse for sale. Man, I need to work on getting a first press copy of Four Minute Mile now...





The songs on this record really remind me of a time and place, and to an extent some people I used to know. The songs are great, I'm glad I have a first pressing again, and I can listen to this bastard whenever I bloody well feel like it.





Even my wife doesn't mind this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment