Thursday, August 12, 2010

Burning Love - Songs for Burning Lovers

I think in my older age I am getting soft(er). It used to be I wanted to listen to Cursed and nothing else. Now, when I come to get my Colohan/Colofan fix, I head for Burning Love. I still love my Cursed records like no other, and I won't be parting with them, but this LP is fucking kick ass.



The demo really hinted at some good stuff, but this LP hits the nail on the head. With a 10 pound hammer!



Awesome crustyish rock and roll, channeling Iggy and The Stooges, mixing it with awesome hardcore punk and Chris Colohans trademark vocal. Rough as fuck, but a lot rockier than his Cursed/Ruination/Swarm days.



The artwork on this is kinda curious to me. The images look to be specific photos for the art, but they are half toned, so it kinda prints like a newspaper. But the art is still slick. I think I really like it...



I got mine on Red (I do love red vinyl) and for once in my life I bought only 1 copy!



Pressed by Deranged, whom I love as a label. Solid solid shit motherfucker!

Hopefully these dudes make it across the oceans and play for me in some weirdos lounge room, or they let me put on a jam room show and I get punched in the face by Colohan himself.

Now that would top off an already awesome year!

===================================

NB: Sorry for the shitty photos, I bought a new camera for taking pics of records, but it really sucks as a camera, and I am trying to get my old one working better. I might bust out my Wife's old Digital SLR for record photos once I charge the old battery pack...

2 comments: