Thursday, August 19, 2010

Refused - This Just Might Be...The Truth!

So, I don't have much of a story on this one, I'm just stoked beyond words to have a copy of this.



I honestly never knew that this had an LP Release, as I had never seen it listed anywhere, and I can't seem to find any pressing info on it either.

I picke up this copy on eBay, and yes, I paid too much for it, but as I said I have never seen one before. I have in the past chased records that don't exist (Fiona Apples first 2 records for instance), but this is the first one I've had just show up on eBay and blow me away.



I put a bunch of stuff up for sale so I could afford to buy this treasure from the Japanese dude selling it. He listed this perfectly. It said that there was some wear on all edges and a mark on the back, but the vinyl was pretty clean, and he was spot on. It's nice that I get something for a change that doesn't upset me. Honesty really is the best policy when listing records on eBay people!



He even sent it registered international post, and it was wrapped in bubble wrap inside the mailer, and outside! Unlike another record I got today that was a 180gram 2xLP just wrapped in brown paper. No mailer, no cardboard. NOTHING! Hopefully I get a replacement on that...

As for the music on this one, nothing groundbreaking. Fairly standard metal influenced hardcore by a bunch of straightedge Swedish weirdos, who would continue to release some of the best music I've ever heard.

The sleeve says that this was distributed by "House of Kicks Records", but I don't know if that means it was self released but distro'd or if it was released by Startrec or what? This one didn't come with an insert or any notes at all, so Really, I have fuck all on this, just an awesome piece of Swedish Hardcore. Oh yeah, the labels are wrong on it too...

Anyone with any other info on this maybe drop me a line? Or if you have Dennis' email, let me know and I'll hit him up myself.

After all, he was my hero for years...

1 comment: