Thursday, March 11, 2010

No records this week = Pig Destroyer "Terrifyer" post!

So this week, I had no records turn up in the mail.

For someone like me, and I would assume some of you out there, this is terrible thing.

Sometimes the ostal system just works against you man, they're trying to bring you down man, it fucking sucks maaaaan.

So in lieu of new records, I am posting about one of my all time favourite records.

Pig Destroyer "Terrifyer".

From the artwork, to the mysoganistic lyrics about girls, violence and death to the heavy vinyl and the crushing songs.

I just fucking love this record.



The art on this one was handled by Chris "Crude" Taylor, who is one of my favourite artists (I have a piece of his tattoo'd on my forearm. The Darkest Hour "Undoing Ruin" LP artwork), and this is no exception to his true awesomeness.

The back piece is something I had wanted to get tattoo'd on me also, but I couldn't figure out the best way to get it sorted out, and I was worried it would lose it's appeal on my ever shifting skin.



The gatefold art is a photo that has been retouched by Taylor, and I was going to rip this idea for the last Seduction 7 inch, but we never did a photo for it, so maybe when we do the The Omen 7 inch, I'll do it then...?



I used to own 3 copies of this LP, 1 on white, 1 on Grey and this one, the 180 Gram Black Vinyl.



I sold one copy to some dude, gave one copy to one of my best mates, and kept this one for myself.

When I had to sell all my shit, this is one of the very few LP's that stayed with me, because I was worried I wouldn't be able to get it again. I don't see this album pop up much on eBay, maybe because it is actually such a kick ass record, no one sells the bloody thing.

The 2nd LP is the awesome doom/noise track "Natasha" spread out across both sides of the LP. I really like it in this format, as it is less hassle to listen to that the 5.1 surround sound DVD audio version, although it is a pretty fucking awesome thing in surround sound.



This record was my first real Grindcore love, and I still listen to it almost weekly. It gets me really amped up and makes me want to fight. Totally awesome.

I also have a solo project/band called Terrifyer that I have been working on for years.

After listening to this again on LP, I reckon I have to get off my ass and actually do something soon...

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. DUDE! This is the album. So amazing. It's incredible how much better than Phantom Limb this one is. I need to pick it up on clear like asap. Great post

    ReplyDelete