Friday, March 5, 2010

Milemarker & Cursed

I got a shitload of records over the last few days, but I'll start with these...

Both of the main records in this post are part of me re-buying records I used to own.

First off was a record I haven't seen in ages, probably because most people don't really give a fuck about this band, but I loved them at the time. In fact I am listening to this LP right now.

Milemarker were one of those bands that changed over the course of most of their records, and I have to say that this is my favourite of their full length records.



When I saw a kid on Dead Format selling this as part of a set priced sale, I was stoked. Took me a few days to pay him, then he went away and it took a couple weeks to get posted, and then good old Canadian mail took 3 months to get it to me (it is post marked 16th December 2009)...

When it turned up, I saw the Canadian postage on the front, knew what it was and was so pumped to bust it open and get it home for a listen. I was a little worried as the packaging was pretty beat up, but I hoped it was packed nice and tight inside to make sure it didn't shift around...

I busted this sucker open at my desk at work, and my heart sank...



Not that you can really see it in the photo, but there is some serious ring wear on the top and bottom of the front of the sleeve, and it;s stained black too, which means it is even more noticeable. There is also a split at the top of the sleeve, which was probably caused by the record being shipped inside the sleeve, instead of separate as they really should be (unless an LP is brand new and sealed).

Then I pulled out the LP, and the there are tears on all three closed sides of the printed inner sleeve.

Seriously such a let down. But it will do until I find a better quality copy.

A really nice poppy mellow record.

That was the cheese, now time for the chalk!

I got this in a Private trade/sale with an old good friend of mine, Dan Futile. He now runs a label in Newcastle called Ritual Failure.

Cursed II on black vinyl.





I used to have so many copies of this LP when I did my distro, and I had it on Clear and Black in my collection too.

I kinda sniped a kid on a forum for this one, and I paid a few bucks and traded a couple test presses to get it, but it sits proudly in between One and Three and it makes me happy.

Thanks heaps Dan, it gets a good spin and you have kept it in lovely condition, especially when so many copies of this LP had their covers ruined in transit. I constantly read about people looking for a clean copy of this record as so many are in shit condition.

I was gonna end it there, but I have pix for these too, so why not.

Cursed - The Last Session 2nd.

5 songs spanning the 3 albums, played faster and heavier and recorded live in the UK on the bands final (nail in the coffin) tour.



The artwork is the same, but has been printed on silver stock. Makes it look a bit slicker, and to be honest, I like it better than the off white paper stock of the 1st press.

The vinyl colours are much nicer too. A lot cleaner colours.



The red is a lovely rich red, and the pink reminds me of the first INAB LP, which was a nice hott pink!

I have copies of this 2nd press for sale in my distro too, which you can suss out here if you like?

http://midnightfuneral.bigcartel.com/

Thanks heaps for reading.

Night then.
Craigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment