Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Baroness - First

Hola fair readers, today was a fucking good day for me record wise. I got shitloads of stuff in, but this little gem came as a bit of a surprise...



The story is, I was on Dead Format as I often am, looking at the classifieds for what was for sale, and a bloke in the US was selling a bunch of records that included Cursed's III for $15 and Baroness' second for $35. He stated that he was only shipping to the US, but I dropped a lone asking if he'd consider sending to Australia as the Baroness record had been eluding me for far too long now.



After agreeing to buy some other records (I missed out on the Cursed record, which I was gonna buy for me old mate Shane) but a final price was agreed on, and my paypal was a fair chunk lighter for it.



To be honest, it didn't really bother me because I was getting some good records for a price I wasn't about to moan about and I got to cross a top ten want off my list...



Then, today when the records turned up, I actually thought it was something else, sat down at my desk at work with my cup of coffee and opened that mailer, and I was fucking stoked! I started digging through the LP's, looking for my Baroness LP so I could bask in it's glory.

But...

It wasn't a copy of second. It was a copy of first.

This actually made my day EVEN BETTER! I fucking love this record.

I have now owned this 3 times. Once on smoke which I gave to one of my best mates Nigel, then again on Black and now on Black again. And this time it's fucking staying!



This is their best work, along with second, in my humble opinion. I rank it up there as one of my favourite modern metal records, alongside the first 2 Mastodon LP's.

Again, stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment