Saturday, December 11, 2010

Samhain - III: November Coming Fire

I picked this up at a record store I hadn't been to before, when I went in to buy some larger LP covers (Ones to fit over my big gatefold LP's), and I had a quick scan through what the guy had. It was mostly Pop and 60's & 70's stuff, not a whole heap tp grab my attention, but he had an old Punk section, and I had a squiz and came across this little guy.



I'll be honest, I haven't checked out Samhain before, and after this LP, I am pissed that I haven't. I really don't know why I hadn't before, I guess I just stuck to Danzig era Misfits, and Danzig's first 3 records...



I paid $30 for this, not sure if this was a good price, but I was pissed to find that it didn't have the insert, which I should have checked, as so many records of this era are missing the inserts, and I did my checks on Misfits Central, and it is indeed a first press. It has a version of Halloween on it called "Halloween II", and this is the only song that doesn't do it for me on the LP, probably because I love the OG version that he did with the Misfits so much.



Anyways, I love the cover art on this, and it is in pretty good condition, and I am sure it will get a good workout on my record player in the coming months. Oh, and I loooooove the pic of Danzig on the back cover. So Dark, So Brooding...

No comments:

Post a Comment