Thursday, December 9, 2010

Millencolin - Use your nose EP

Another one of those records I grew up with that I didn't know existed on vinyl. Seriously, Discogs is a help and also the bane of my exsistence!



But anyways, I first got into Millencolin when I saw they play with No Fun At All at the Central Club for $8 in the mid 90's, and I got right into them from there! I bought this EP on CD at Missing Link, when it was a tiny store crammed to the walls with records and a few shirts at the front of the store. I fucking loved that old joint.



I bought this of a bloke in Japan. Only cost me $15 plus $6 for postage. Not bad for an old piece of my youth in 7 inches. The cover isn't in too bad condition, not great but not the worst I have seen. It's on shitty cardboard stock, and the colours are really washed out (that's not just a shitty pic) and the vinyl is shitty and thin, but I don't give a fuck. It sounds like it should to me. One thing though, each side has a different speed on it, so I got shitty, because I hate that, especially with my record player, where I have to take off the plate to chance the speed, but it was just a fuck up in the printing of the labels!



This record reminds me of skateboarding, hanging out in the summer sun, wagging school to skate and just having a much simpler life. Sometimes I miss those days, but not too often...



Stoked to have this, and now I want to get the Skauch EP, which will be pretty easy I reckon...

1 comment:

  1. My turntables the same how you have to take off the platter to change speed. Kills me when there's no speed printed on the labels and you have to guess. I always pick the wrong speed haha.

    ReplyDelete