Monday, September 13, 2010

A New Rega P2 & Alkaline Trio...

It's been a long time between posts, and again I have no excuses. Living life the only way I can.

I spent the weekend away (Kinda on tour I guess you could say) playing some shows with my band in Queensland. It was a fucking awesome (albeit a very expensive weekend), and while the shows were ok, hanging with some awesome kids, and meeting some new ones, was the highlight. We ate great food, my guys drank a shitload and I drove them around trying to make sure we didn't get beaten up.

I was super glad to get home on Sunday to see my chick and the dogs. As I walked in the door, the Wife gave me a wrapped gift. It was an Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge. I was stoked as I was going to order my Rega P2 online as I have been working overtime for a few weekends so that I could afford to buy a nice new record player, and a rad cartridge was an amazing present to be given.

I was super stoked, and got ready to make a cuppa, when she said she had a card from the place that she got the cart from, because they said they would set it up for free when I got my turntable. Instead of the card, she grabbed a big box with REGA printed on the top, and my night went from awesome to awesomer!



Seriously, Wifer knows me so well, and sussed out what I was after with my best mate Shane, and they pulled it all together.

Could you really ask for more in a woman?

I spent the day with her today, setting up the media area we have. Here is a pic of my new set up.



So, what to listen to on my new record player (I know of at least people who will call me a hypocrite for it not being Converge's Jane Doe)?



This is what I rolled with, and it is a record I have kept sealed for just an occasion such as this one. I had this record years ago, and it was even signed by Matt and Dan (I still kick myself for letting it go). I got it back at a fucking good price, (BIN on ebay for $69.99, which is half of what I bought it for the first time) AND it was sealed. I actually don't know why I didn't bust it open and listen to it, but I had planned for it to be my 100th post, but this seemed like the perfect time for me to open it.



I love this EP. It reminds me of so many things, including my story about meeting Matt Skiba, so it always makes me feel good. I still sing along at the top of my lungs on this one.





It does sound like they paid $300 to record it, but I really don't give a flying fuck.







And straight after that, I put on the preceding EP, For Your Lungs Only, which came in the mail this week.











I defs paid less for this than I was prepared too. A good result all round.

It's good to be back...

1 comment:

  1. Man, I am so jealous of your alk3 collection.

    ReplyDelete