Monday, December 13, 2010

L7 - Bricks are Heavy

I had been chasing down this LP for some time now, and I saw it every now and again, but it was always really expensive, not that I didn't think it was worth it, but factor in postage, and I wasn't really keen.



About 2 1/2 months ago, I saw this copy from a dude in Brazil (yeah, didn't sound like the best idea I know, but it was only $10 BIN), so I snapped it up. Dude said he would send it Regsitered Post from Brazil, so I figured it was safe right? 1 month passes, no record. 6 weeks, no record. 2 months, no record. I am getting a little worried, but I forget to hit up the dude about the LP. It hits 10 weeks, and it is now too late to do anything (it was too late at 2 months anyways), and I was preparing to write an angry email to the dude about how he'd ripped me off, and it turned up in my PO Box. I was stoked!

I love this album so much. It reminds me of when I was 15 or so, and this dude who lived on the same estate as me, had it in his car (he was 21, a deaset loser, but was keen on the 24 year old sister of my best mate at the time, and he defs wanted to get himself into her. I did make out with her once at the park while drunk, but it didn't go down to well with my mate, or Matt to be honest), and he used to play it heaps, along with heaps of Nirvana, but also stuff like Short Dick Man by 20 fingers/Gillette and Rump Shaker by Wreckx-N-Effect, and one of my all time favs, Jump Around by House of Pain! Pure gold!



Anyways, I pinched the tape one night, and I actually still have it somewhere. I also didn't know that Mr Brett of Bad Religion fame contributed to their songs.



This is in pretty good condition, the cover is nice, the vinyl needs a clean, but is pretty good with no real scratches, but this pressing has no insert. Shithouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment